Welcome to mqttgateway¶
mqttgateway is a python wrapper to build consistent gateways to an MQTT network.
What it does:¶
- it deals with all the boilerplate code to manage an MQTT connection, load configuration and other data files, and create log handlers,
- it encapsulates the interface in a class that needs only 2 methods
- it creates an intuitive messaging abstraction layer between the wrapper and the interface,
- it can isolate the syntax and keywords of the MQTT network from the internal ones of the interface.
Who is it for:¶
Developers of MQTT networks in a domestic environment looking to adopt a definitive syntax for their MQTT messages and to build gateways with their devices that are not MQTT enabled.
Check the existing fully developped interfaces. Their names usually follows the pattern <interface_name>2mqtt, for example musiccast2mqtt.
This library comes with 2 interfaces:
- dummy: to test the environment and use as a template;
- entry: example used for the tutorial.
- Documentation on readthedocs.
- Source on github.
- Distribution on pypi.
- 1. Overview
- 2. Installation
- 3. Concepts
- 4. Tutorial
- 5. Configuration
- 6. Project Description
- 7. Package Documentation